New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

Oldest Lady

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Oldest Lady Empty Oldest Lady

Post  Ladyelaine Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:38 pm

America's oldest lady has passed away peacefully at her home. Hester Ford of Charlotte, North Carolina was at least 115 years and 245 days old. Some census records indicate she was 1 year older than that. She married at age 14 and gave birth to the first of her 12 children at age 15. She grew up picking cotton in South Carolina, had 68 grand children, 125 great grands, and 120 great great grand children.

She always had at least half a banana at breakfast and when asked to what she attributed her long and active life she replied "I just live right".

The spry lady insisted on living alone without assistance until at the age of 108 she experienced a bathtub fall and bruised her ribs. At that time some of her family members moved in with her to keep a watchful eye on her in case she needed assistance. May she enjoy her new heavenly home.
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Oldest Lady Empty Re: Oldest Lady

Post  Psycho144 Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 am

RIP glad she seemed to have a happy life. Thats all one can hope for.

Woke up this morn to three to four inches of the white stuff all over LOL
    Darn't I was hoping to sit on the deck this morn and enjoy some sunshine Oh" Well"
    Take care and Stay Safe

God Bless

Psycho
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:34 am

That's  a long lived life she had....similar to my mom who had her first child at 14 and went on to have 12 more kids...I'm #5 from the top. She passed at 85 last year.  But this woman...wow. I have so many aches and pains I will be lucky to make it  80.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:02 pm

Back when I was only 85 mobility and managing pain was not a big problem. Now - due to fractures - mobility and relying on a walker to take even one step is a big problem and am not yet steady enough to use a rollator instead of a walker. I want so much to go to the grocery store and pick out my own groceries instead of ordering limited foods, sizes, brands, etc., and having them delivered by FedEX. Fresh and frozen delivery is not available due to my location. Dry milk, potatoes, noodles, and canned meats, fruits, & vegetables get me by. It will be one year ago next month that I fell and broke my thigh and hip joint - both of which have healed well, but the spinal fractures and torn muscle from last December have slowed me way down. I have a long ways to go before I have enough energy to make a trip to the grocery, dentist, or doctor appointment but am slowly getting better and gaining strength day by day. I credit prayers of friends and thank God daily for my healing.

I'm mighty careful about every thing I do because I don't ever want to spend another single day in a nursing home facility. When I had my first colon cancer surgery @ age 67 I decided to set my goal at 134 in order to do my best to correct life mistakes I had made in the first 67 years. Every year since then I've added another year to my goal. I thank God for helping me continue in spite of setbacks toward reaching my goal. When in extreme pain I remind myself that Jesus suffered worse and endured it before dying for my sins.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content