New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

Walker Food Trays

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Walker Food Trays Empty Walker Food Trays

Post  Ladyelaine Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:12 pm

I'm mighty frustrated in trying to find a tray to fit my walker in order to be able to hold onto both handle bars while carrying a coffee mug & plate of food. None of the universal size trays, including the Drive ones, will fit because they are not wide enough between the handle bars which are 17 1/2" apart & 12 1/2" long. My Drive 10226-1 has no horizontal top front bar, nor any horizontal top side bars. The single side bars are 18" off the floor and the one bar across the front is only 25" off the floor. It would seem that someone could make a fortune selling trays that fit the new width standards in walkers. New ones are made to fit the latest average of larger & wider people weighing up to 350 pounds. I'm a narrow person and weigh only 1/3 of that. Two of me would have easily fit side by side in the wheel chair they provided for me to use in the rehab center. I was told that chair was the latest standard size also.

I sure am looking forward to some day in the distant future that my bones heal enough that I only need to hold on with one hand for pushing & can carry a mug of coffee or a plate of food in the other. The pouch I bought allows me to carry a tightly lidded beverage container & an additional mug to pour the contents into but no way to carry a plate or bowl. I could not find any basket that was attachable to my "no top bars" walker.
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Walker Food Trays Empty Re: Walker Food Trays

Post  Psycho144 Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:04 pm

The one I use sumtimes has wheels and hand brakes. and I can turn around and sit in it whence I get too tired. I also have one that scoots but it is never used LOL

Psycho
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:08 pm

I'm still searching for a tray that fits. Was surprised to find there is such a thing as a walker for people weighing up to 1,000 lbs but there isn't any tray sold that will fit those either.

If I were about 60 years younger with the strength required for such an endeavor, I know I could make a fortune selling trays that fit wider walkers. There is a huge market out there for trays that are wider between the handle openings (& with no top bars for support) than those sold now that are advertised to fit so called standard walkers. 

I'm not yet steady enough to use a rollator that I could put a tray or flat bottom basket on the seat.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Walker Food Trays Empty Lady

Post  Sunshine16 Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:02 pm

Are you the same lady on aesops  daily board now? :-)
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Yes,  Smile
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:15 am

Good There are only 3 or 4 of there and all get along great. Welcome. :-) Taken and Emily are both conservatives from the North West states and Jim is the board owner, also a conservative.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:59 pm

Thank you for the invitation Sunshine.

Hoping all is okay with Psycho, have missed seeing him here last several days, perhaps there has not been anything relevant to comment on. This board is sparse, don't know why that has happened.  Sad
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:38 pm

I be as well as can be expected in my condition I consider myself next to useless. I am am still amognst the living, why the good Lord keeps me around is beyond me. But that is not for me to say LOL.
    It is good to see you being able to post Lady you and Sunshine keep right on keeping on.

God Bless
    And stay safe.

Psycho
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Am happy to see your post Psycho  Smile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:52 am