New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

September

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

September Empty September

Post  Ladyelaine Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:49 pm

May this month be better for all of us than the last several have been. Full moon again tonight @ 1:22 AM. My aches, pains, & exhaustion sure know it, looking forward to some relief and restful sleep in a few days. I finally found a velcro fastening canvas bag attachment that should fit my walker. It will allow me to carry a cordless phone, bottle of water, bottle of high protein nutrition shake, & wrapped sandwich without having to put them in a pocket apron/tool bag which weighs me down, also ordered new tennis balls for the walker, old ones split & started running sideways, sure didn't last long on my vinyl tile over concrete floor. I still haven't found a flat tray or stable basket that would fit it to allow me to carry a food plate & coffee mug without spilling them. All available trays are too narrow in width & wont fit over the handles. 
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

September Empty Re: September

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:27 am

I always keep a phone in my pocket....I turn 66 tomorrow.  I hope you can get your walker set up and be prepared at all times.  What happened to you reminds me of a story that happened back in MO years ago. A man was on a riding lawn mower on a Friday evening and flipped it over on top of him into a ditch. He was trapped and could not get it off of himself and had to lay there 2 days until school children walked by and found him. It had rained on him..he could have drowned in the ditch.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:53 am

pale    pale    pale
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:10 pm

I have fallen a lot since I have gotten older but lucky I have never broken anything. Fact is auto and motercycle accidents bad ones never had a broken bone.

Stay well and stay healthy.

God Bless

Psycho
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=221RUEa0TSk.  Today is the anniversary of when my dad died on my birthday....amazing there is a song that starts out that way.

I was on the back of  a motorcycle on my 21st birthday...crashed it on the interstate. Skinned up knees and hands and a slight hip fracture.  But I got back on the bike and rode a half hour to the emergency room. I can't imagine doing that now.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:03 am

Ummm - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sunshine!  flower

September must be a dangerous month for motorcycle accidents. My nephew would have been celebrating a birthday today too but for the fact 9 years ago when he was traveling in the rain on the interstate going to his birthday dinner at a friend's house he hit a bump left from road repair and was thrown off. He was wearing a back brace & could not get up. The accident report says he was run over by at least 15 cars and they had to close the interstate for 9 hours to clear the debris.
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:02 pm

I hve endured many crashes on my bikes, but I loved riding. Sad about your brother Lady. You have to love bikes to ride them it gets in your blood LOL

Happy Boithday Sunshine.

Stay Safe and stay well.

Psycho
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:57 pm

Lady...that is horrible about your brother!  We were going onto a ramp and when the bike leaned for the turn, my foot petal hit a rock and I shot off like a missle into the ditch. My date at the time only skinned one hand.

Thank you both for the birthday wishes.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:19 pm

Although my brother suffered a broken leg & foot in a motorcycle accident, it was my nephew who was killed in one. My father, brother-in-law, and sister also had serious accidents. About 20 years ago my sister was stopped for a traffic light when a driver failed to stop behind her and dragged her 3 city blocks before a crowd entered the street & stopped the driver. As a driver, I sure watch out for the riders. Having had several bumps & scrapes as a child while riding bicycles, I've never wanted to sit my behind down on a motorcycle.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:16 pm

I never got on a bike again....never will again either. I have seen so many crashes and lost a friend too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:05 am