New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

Full Moons

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Full Moons  Empty Full Moons

Post  Ladyelaine Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Hoping all is well with my friends here, have read the back dated posts since my absence.  My condolences & a cyber hug to you Sunshine, for the loss of your mother.

Full moons are not my friend. Three months ago today, on full moon May 8th, I was outside,had a bad fall & fractured my hip, could not even feel my foot on that side, could not move. Being in such an isolated remote area I didn't figure anyone would find me. As I was on the ground, looking up at some birds & a squirrel scampering around in the oak tree limbs, I thought this is a beautiful place to die but I have too much still to accomplish on this earth & I don't want to pass away today. Hollering "help" did no good since there was no one to hear me, but my prayers were answered when lo and behold 4 hours later God must have sent a guardian angel stranger who saw me waving one arm in the air & called an ambulance for transport to a medical center and stayed with me until they got there.

Due to the corona virus, no surgery was allowed that day so was held for "observation but no treatment" & tested for the virus. Negative result came in 3 days later, then had surgery implanting metal rods in thigh & hip. Three days later had another virus test (negative) to permit me admittance to rehab/nursing home. Three more days later, was shipped off to rehab but had to be put in isolation with no rehab treatment for 14 days with everything in room disposable. After 14 days & another negative test, was then allowed first food tray with real metal eating utensils and rehab exercises started. I tested negative 4 more times after that. When an accurate antibody test is available, I want that test for sure to find out if what in January & February just about killed me, was that virus.

I just couldn't tolerate any more of the atmosphere & attitudes there during this past full moon week, checked myself out against their advice to stay at least 2 more weeks and am back home alone again with 9 prescriptions including blood thinner shots to give myself in the belly every day -  already had over a hundred of those and my belly is awful sore & black/blue/brown/green  from them. If I didn't pick up the virus at the pharmacy on the way home, I know I'm safer here than there. I have an indoor walker and suffering extreme exhaustion along with rapid irregular heart rate & high BP, really can't take as good care of myself as I need to, but "be it ever so humble, there is no place like home".  I've got to take it very easy and rest much to be able to make a recovery. Process of sitting down & then having to get back up is painful but I've gone through this whole thing so far passing up all pain medication since the day after surgery, using mind over matter instead. Cant drive yet, will be awhile. 
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Full Moons  Empty Re: Full Moons

Post  Psycho144 Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:24 am

Thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ my prayers were not in vain. May the good Lord Bless and make thee well.
    I have a lot of pain getting up and down even going to the toilet. But my pain is in my knees the cartilage is gone and it feels tike bone to bone.
    Wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. Take care and get well.

Psycho
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:18 am

Thank you for your prayers. I sure needed them and still do. They are appreciated more than I can even begin to say; knowing the odds are against my survival and these type breaks usually take at least a year to heal, I'll put forth my utmost whatever it takes to make it.

I know what you mean about the knee pain. Rehab provided me a knee brace with metal inserts to stabilize the knee which makes painful scraping & clunking noises  on my broken thigh & hip side. The brace makes sitting down & getting up mighty awkward since it holds that leg straight out making getting down & up even more awkward & difficult. The toilet presents real problems. I wish I had one of those metal frames with a seat & arm rests that fits above the toilet. That way I could use my arms to ease down & lift up my body weight. My standard walker needs a carrying basket, cup holder, & tray. I've got to invent something from materials I have since the only way to carry something is to put it in an around the waist "apron" pocket. Although I could order them ready made I could not retrieve any package delivered to me since I can not get up or down a step to my porch or lean over to pick anything up. I have a reacher/grabber for little things but it can't handle even a coffee mug.

Wishful thinking - someone needs to invent a robotic voice command personal assistance companion, at an affordable price for sure. 
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:59 am

My sink and stand is on the right side of the toilet and the tub is on the left side and has a rail that I can reach. So it be pain full but it works so far. Years ago I built a heavy bannister on my stairs and it will hold my 220 lbs and a lot more I hang on to it going up and down. I thank the Lord every day that I built it the way I did.

You stay on top of everything and ye be in mine prayers daily.
    God Bless
    Psycho
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:56 am

Thank you. I'm keeping you in my daily prayers as well. 

I missed being able to go outside last night to watch the spectacular peaking of the Perseid meteor shower. As it ends, it will be spectacular again tonight beginning here after 9 PM with best viewing between 2 AM and dawn. It will return in 133 years; not likely any of us will still be here then.
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am

Been overcast here most of the time. Of course I am not a avid sky watcher LOL
    as I am usually in bed before 10 PM Stay Well and don't take any chances of falling again.

God Bless

Psycho
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:10 am

Glad to see you back lady!!! Prayers for you and  Psycho...I just had a cortisone shot in both knees...ouch. I sure do not want surgery so hoping this stuff lasts awhile.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Good luck with the cortisone shots. My youngest son has had surgery twice on his left knee for torn cartilage, once when he was 16 and again when he was 60, wears braces on both knees. He is hoping to put off joint replacement surgery which the surgeon said will be inevitable. Each time he has had fluid drained along with the cortisone shots which he said lasted him about three months each time.
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:26 pm

Well the knee stuff bothers myselfm a lot. Mine is very painfull. but advertised on tv Where they now can shoot something in the joint, they are not saying cortisone  So I will be looking into it. I don't want to go to Cinci but if I have to I will.

Tou all stay well and stey safe.

God Bless

Psycho

Ladyelaine and Sunshine16 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:43 am