New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Messages Empty Messages

Post  Ladyelaine Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:20 am

Sunshine - This week I received your reply message to one I had sent 4 years ago on February 23, 2016 but no reply to one I had sent this past week. I tried to reply back & let you know of the message delay and that the referred to person had died in 2016 but for some reason this board kept blocking my reply. 
    The one I sent you this past week was letting you know I would appreciate any info concerning whether or not you have any reaction to a second injection of the new shingles vaccine.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Messages Empty Re: Messages

Post  Sunshine16 Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:39 pm

How weird is that with these messages?   I plan to get my second part of the newer shingle shot this coming Sunday. I will let you know how it goes. The first one was in October.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:40 pm

This board is getting harder and harder to start a new thread.
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:30 am

So far I have had no problems with the board.

Psycho
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:29 am

Got my shot, not as painful going in this time but today I have  a 2 inch red spot on a bump.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:48 am

Thank you very much for the reply. Please do let us know if any other adverse developments happen and when your arm is back to pre-injection comfort.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:46 pm

Right now very tender to touch but no pain at all just sitting here.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:15 am

2 days later....arm still tender to touch but not as painful as yesterday, red spot where shot entered has grown to about 4 inches but not as dark pink.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:28 am

Thank you, looking forward to more updates, particularly if it causes irregular heart rate, headache or light headed, how long or if bump/soreness grows more extensive. 
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:07 pm

I've had no headaches or any other symptom than tenderness at the injection spot. It did get to 4-5 inches round but fading out.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:51 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.  Smile
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:00 pm

No problem. :-) The swelling has gone down too. Just the slightest pain when I touch it.

Last edited by Sunshine16 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:30 am

One week update....arm still shows pink area and the pain is gone. :-)
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:08 am

Thanks  Smile
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Good. Now be careful if you get one with the virus going around. I canceled all other appointments. We have a case at our hospital now.   

I am going to clean the cookies on this computer so If I disappear, it'w because I can't get back on. That's how I got bumped from the other board.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Hoping you are still on board Sunshine.

Reluctantly, I went to lab for fasting blood tests this morning, then passed through Walmart on the way home. Techs at the lab were wearing hazmat gear, some people at Walmart wearing face masks. Shelves were empty of things I had hoped to buy, didn't take long to get out of there. I have to go back the end of next week to pick up refills of my 90 day supply of 2 RX. They refused to fill them today because 1 week too early. Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist for a painful fractured tooth, then must find some food items somewhere. I dread all this since all of these places are giant petri-dishes for viruses & bacteria but necessity is something I can't escape. I tried ordering food items from the internet but found everything I wanted was sold out every where I tried. I'll get by but if all this isolation becomes a long term matter it will get rough going.

On a brighter note, the usual May flowers were starting to bloom along the road sides and this is only mid March.
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:05 pm

Amazon toilet paper is even on backlog.  Pfthttt!!!!!!!!!

Psycho
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:01 am

I'm still here!!! I tried to order necessities on Amazon with no luck.  I was able to order a huge box of plastic gloves though.  But afraid to run in the grocery store or Walmart. I did go to Lowe's garden department... I figured  that garden center is so big that if someone starts walking towards me I have plenty of room to avoid them. 
    We now have 3  confirmed cases in our nearby hospital. I sure hope my son and wife are being as careful.  Their baby is due within 2 weeks.

My dentist and doctor appointments canceled...car service canceled.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 pm

I sure hope your son & daughter are being careful Sunshine and pray the baby arrives healthy with no problems and that they all stay healthy.

I had to go to 5 stores to find essential food, got some Top Ramen noodles with no MSG, the last loaf of bread at one store and found some crackers so I won't have to make hardtack for sandwich material. No toilet paper, wipes, tissues, paper towels or napkins, canned or dry milk, very few soups but couldn't find any without added MSG (which causes aura migraines for me). I don't understand why bottled water is selling out as fast as stores can get it in and why people are hoarding toilet paper.

I also carefully gassed up my truck.

At dentist office they were screening all patients for temperature and then requiring they use a mouth wash before being seen.

Walmart Pharmacy finally got their phone system working and the robot told me I can pick up my 2 RX after 1 PM on Sunday but to call first to make sure they will be open because hours are varying each day.

I've been potentially exposed in several places but was as careful & cautious as possible every where I went & after I got home.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:46 pm

I don't get the water either. I reuse my water bottles with tap water  several times before tossing. I buy them only so I can take along in the car or carry while out walking....I did not buy any water bottles for this. I did get a few cases of gatorade zero for electrolytes incase we do gets sick and a dozen cans of chicken noodle soup. We don't eat much bread but I did get a couple loaves to go with all the peanut butter I have. If things get really really bad and you are quarantined for a long time, then you want the tp to last. You can eat whatever is in the house but you only wipe your bum with TP unless you want to be washing poo off rags.  I ended up getting 4 large boxes of tissues. That was all I could find. I have not food shopped in days and getting low. Our CVS has a drive up window for pick up RX.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Hoping all is going well with the expected new baby and family Sunshine. Side note - I see in the news where there is now a shortage of midwives because many are being called to military duties.
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:50 pm

I hope you all stay healthy and safe from all this crap going on.
    People are crazy.
     I turned 80 today so I can't complain. I have had a long life compared to many. 
    God Bless and stay safe.

Psycho
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:21 pm

Keeping everyone I know and many others too in my prayers, asking for blessings upon you and your family Psycho.

Fortunately, exposure to viruses is limited for me since I live alone, all of my relatives live hundreds of miles away, there are no close neighbors, and my "hermitage" cottage is off a trail way off the end of a dead end road. There is absolutely no traffic and the only noise I hear is from "voices" of birds & animals, an occasional low flying aircraft, boat motor from the river, my TV if I turn it on, or loud echoing & vibrating music from a nearby music/camping park along the river.  Having lived here most all of my life, the isolation does not bother me at all emotionally and about the only places I travel to are necessities of dentist, doctor, or occasionally for replenishing my supply of "survival" groceries, prescriptions,etc.

The necessity of this current social isolation of society is mighty inconvenient now though. I need some household repairs done that I am in no way able to do myself and will have to wait until I consider it safe virus wise to hire someone to do them. The latest household "disaster" occurred this weekend when the drain to my washer burst & flooded gallons of soapy water into my laundry area wall, electrical outlet, & floor then spread under built in cabinets in my kitchen. I was not physically able to move the heavy machine to mop under it so cut off all the breakers in that area,  mopped what I could reach & more next day of what leached out onto floors overnight then ran a fan with an extension cord from distant outlet to hasten drying. I am doing my best to get it bone dry and prevent any mold from developing. I'll wash clothes each day in a bucket outside until I can get the drain replaced. I've been in survival mode all of my life knowing "this too shall pass" and I'll get through it or transition to a better place.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:13 am

Oh no lady, I hope your have things back to normal by now.  You be careful living alone. I hope you can keep the phone near you at all times.   

Psycho!!! Sorry I missed your birthday. I was having log on problems...guess the internet was so slow, it kept spinning...but...HAPPY 80th!!!

We are on baby watch now. They went to the hospital last night and as of 5 am not word yet. What a world for that little baby to to grow up in. No hugs or visits from nana and nanu for a long time.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:53 am

We have our first grand child...born last night. :-).
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:34 am

A very welcome addition to the family i'm sure.
     Now just remember not to spoil the little thing LOL.

Psycho
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:26 am

Sunshine - may the new baby and all of your family be richly blessed with good health and many happy days to come.  Very Happy
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:25 pm

It will be quite awhile before we see the baby. It's in ICU but much better and will be one more day to be in there.

Now...for mom....she is on hospice care in a nursing home in NC near my sister, she has Alzheimer's and dying and they put her on morphine.  :-(.  I need to tell my son but don't want to upset them on this joyous time with the new baby. What to do....  The say one door closes, another opens.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:22 pm

Sunshine - as to what to do - after thinking all of this through, if I were in that situation and knowing a loved one had very little time left (and worse yet that with the current virus situation we are not even allowed to visit them or hold their hand & comfort them) I would tell my son soon rather than after the fact, simply because he needs to evaluate the situation as it develops in order that the burden of grief is shared - thus lightening the load and giving you both the opportunity to comfort one another. 

Hoping all goes well for the baby now & there are no lingering problems. Sending all of you a cyber hug.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Thanks for the hug. My sister went to see her today  and seems to be better...her fever has dropped. Thanks for the advice.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:30 am

Baby is doing well and went home yesterday.

Also...making sure everyone here is well. :-) Take care.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:03 am

That is happy news Sunshine. Very Happy  Wishing good health to your family.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:38 am