New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

2 posters

Covid

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Covid Empty Covid

Post  Ladyelaine Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:49 pm

I may have some form of covid, not sure since I have no test kit. The only way I could possibly have gotten it that I can think of was either the wind blew the virus here or it came 2 weeks ago from one piece of advertising junk mail, the only mail I've received in the last 2 weeks. I have not seen even one other person in that 2 weeks.  For 5 days I've had a non-stop sore runny sometimes bleeding nose & severe sore throat all the way up into my ears, bad frontal headache, on & off painful stiff neck, bloodshot eyes, chills but no fever, highest temperature yesterday was 96.9. I had my second vaccine dose 11 months ago in February last year, have had no access to a booster, got quad flu shot in December.

The virus seems to be everywhere. My great grand daughter and everyone in the law office where she works in Orlando caught it, then her whole family, then my son & his whole family in Orlando, then my son in Alabama & everyone around him, then my son in Georgia & his whole family. We were all vaccinated, wore masks, wore gloves at gas pumps, etc., washed & sanitized hands, had no contact with one another other than on the phone or e-mail. 

I've ordered the 4 test kit, just wish they would send the approved masks along with it. I have no way to get to a pharmacy to pick up any masks. By the time I receive any kit it will likely be too late to accurately test for it & looks like maybe I needed to wear a mask even at home all by myself (as if a mask ever protects a wearer). 

I have unspoken & unprintable thoughts about this whole situation.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Covid Empty Re: Covid

Post  Sunshine16 Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:29 am

Oh my goodness...you take care of yourself. I don't think you get it handling mail, that was back when they had no clue.  It's airborne. And you have not been anywhere? Drink plenty of fluids and get well.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:30 am

Walking pneumonia maybe?
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:18 am

Checking up on you two. Hope everyone here is healthy.

Happy groundhog day.....
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:15 am

Lady....did you ever get your 4 test kits? I ordered on Jan 8 and did not get mine.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:56 am

No, neither I nor any of my relatives have received the 4 free kits per household address that they ordered. News sources state many kits may be totally non-usable or inaccurate if they have been frozen during transit. Also in the news, supposedly Medicare will start covering 8 per month per individual after March but did not say whether they must be prescribed by a physician or if it will be a reimbursement type program. I don't know of anyone who has been able to get the 3 free masks at pharmacies either. The pharmacies say they have not yet received supplies to offer them to the public. 

I am better except for profound fatigue and an off & on irregular heartbeat which limits my doing much that requires effort. I have to sit down & rest for more time than I'm able to physically accomplish anything. ER doctors sent my records to nearest cardiologist 100 miles away. That office called & said they would call me back in March to make an appointment for me but due to covid they are not making appointments at this time.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:19 am

I'm so sorry you feel so bad, Lady.  Lots of people here got their test kits...still a no for me.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:43 pm

I have now received the 4 kits I ordered last month, arrived in plastic bag with bubble wrap around 2 boxes containing 2 tests each. The brand is BinaxNOW from Abbott - made in the USA, was shipped from Topeka KS. Label says store between 35.6 - 86 degrees, may have been frozen in transit between Kansas and Florida, more apt to give a false negative reading than a false positive reading. Be aware that the testing fluid is poisonous to children and animals and don't get it on your skin.

Sunshine16 likes this post

Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:53 am

Still did not receive tests.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:15 am

Psycho...where are you? Hope all is well.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:35 pm

Keeping you in my prayers Psycho and hoping you are just hibernating from winter storms.

Sunshine16 likes this post

Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:14 am

Covid Img_2612Happy Valentine's Day!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:07 pm