New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

snow snow snow!

Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

snow snow snow! Empty snow snow snow!

Post  Sunshine16 Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:12 am

50 hours of no power and no heat...just peanut butter and stuff like that. I survived! Thank God I was no on I95 where people were stuck in cars. This happened in my area. A few photos of the good side of the storm.snow snow snow! Img_1811
    snow snow snow! Img_2011
    snow snow snow! Img_2010

Ladyelaine likes this post

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

snow snow snow! Empty Re: snow snow snow!

Post  Ladyelaine Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:22 am

Thank you for sharing the splendor. Beautiful but glad it didn't happen here, brought back memories of the "great Florida blizzard" which I managed to survive - with no power for 14 days when my outdoor thermometer read minus 6F and indoors never reached over 20, canned milk froze on cupboard shelf, saved freezer food by opening frig & freezer doors & letting the cold indoor air keep it frozen. It was rough but rougher for Hubby who had to work in it as a lineman for a power company which was a different company than the one which supplied our electric service.

Never hesitate to thank a lineman.

Only heat I had was homemade candles & I'm not that tough any more. I now own a blizzard survival suit & survival blanket which are still in their original packaging. 
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:24 pm

All we got was a few flurries thank the good lord. I can remember years whence I had to shovel my way out LOL.
    But at the ripe old age of 81 a shovel no longer fits my hands "snort"
    Stay safe and God Bless

Psycho

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content