New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

Anniversary

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Anniversary Empty Anniversary

Post  Ladyelaine Wed May 12, 2021 2:37 pm

It has now been one year since I fell and broke my hip joint and thigh.  For quite awhile the pain and helplessness was so bad that thoughts passed through my mind that all in all it would have been better if I had just died. During my childhood my mother always emphasized "when there is a will, there is a way" and "you can if you think you can", along with the  admonishment "you made your bed, now lie in it". To my mother up there in Heaven - you were so right, thank you.

Fate had a few setbacks in store for me but one year later I can now say all of the hard work was worth it.  My bones are closer to 100 than 75 years and have battled many sessions of mineral depleting radiation treatments. For the information of anyone who experiences a similar event, don't ever give up. By the Grace of God I beat the odds. You can do it too.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Anniversary Empty Re: Anniversary

Post  Sunshine16 Thu May 13, 2021 4:52 am

I'm happy you stayed strong! Keep it up. I have never broken a bone but worry it could happen. Try to be as careful as I can. I started taking collagen and hyaluronic acid for bones and joints a month ago along with my D and calcium. I'm 66. I have tears in my shoulders so now I am extremely careful and try not to lift anything heavy. I had cortisone shots 2 days ago in the knees. I could barely squat down but today I feel great again.
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 Thu May 13, 2021 11:37 am

So happy for you and very glad ye made it. I have never had a broken bone but some nights my legs hurt so bad they may as well be broken, I have asked God to take me at times.
    Me Mum always said ye can't be a sissy and be old LOL So true.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

God Bless

Psycho

Sunshine16 likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:16 pm