New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

Shoes

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Shoes Empty Shoes

Post  Ladyelaine Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:43 pm

If you have purchased any shoes or sneakers in the last couple of years you might want to check the soles. My sister who lives a couple hundred miles from me called and said she started to put on a pair of expensive leather shoes that were new a year ago but she had not worn much. When she picked one shoe up the bottom of the sole started crumbling & falling out in chunks and the other shoe did the same. I checked a pair of "running" shoes I hadn't worn since I fell & broke my leg & hip last year. Pieces of the soles started falling out in chunks. I then checked my dress shoes I hadn't worn lately, same thing happened. The uppers on her and my shoes are all like new but the soles are totally gone. Now I find other people are experiencing the same thing and it is even occurring in $500 Gucci shoes and other brands still in boxes on store shelves. If a person were unaware of this and donned their shoes, the soles might start falling apart while wearing them & cause a fall with injuries. I'm thinking there will probably be a class action lawsuit on the horizon.

The explanation seems to be that a gas forms in this new sole material from heat & humidity in the atmosphere. Wearing shoes every day flexes the soles and the gas is emitted thus preventing the deterioration of the material. 

soles came apart with large chucks falling out
    Psycho144
    Psycho144

Shoes Empty Re: Shoes

Post  Psycho144 Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:51 pm

i wear Croc,s all the time any more because of swelling. No problem with them. I haven't had any of my good shoes on for a long time.

Stay safe and healthy

God Bless

Psycho 
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:21 am

I have a pair of running shoes I walk in and only a few months old the heel wore completely off. My feet hurt to I bought new shoes and inserts.  I never had a pair wear out so fast.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:50 am