New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?

munchkin72gloria
    munchkin72gloria

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?  Empty WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?

Post  munchkin72gloria Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:25 am

Haven't been able to access the board until now.Shocked
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?  Empty Re: WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?

Post  sinister_midget Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:14 am

Not sure how long you were trying. But sometimes I can't get in, too.

I don't know if they're doing maintenance when that happens or what. They never tell me anything.
    munchkin72gloria
    munchkin72gloria

Post  munchkin72gloria Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 am

I haven't been able to find the board for at least 2 months...
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 pm

Wow! Not heard of anything that bad!

Was it not being able to see the board at all, or not being able to login? If it's not seeing the board, that has to be something outside of the board. Like your machine or your ISP. If it's not being able to login, I can reset your password if you send me an email. Send an email to 

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?  Email11

You can't copy/paste. I used an image so it requires a human to read it, not a bot going around harvesting email addresses. Also added some additional light lines because some of them can extract email addresses from images.

If you can't see the board at all, try using Opera and turn on the VPN option. Look under Settings and search "vpn" at the top and it will get it for you. If you still can't access it, that's almost guaranteed to be something to do with your machine. If you can, that's the ISP blocking it for some reason or they've got something really messed up.
    munchkin72gloria
    munchkin72gloria

Post  munchkin72gloria Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:06 pm

It was like the board totally disappeared off the planet.
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Were you getting an error page? Or did it just sit there forever not loading?
    munchkin72gloria
    munchkin72gloria

Post  munchkin72gloria Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:11 pm

It just said the website cannot be found.
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:08 pm

We had something similar awhile back. But it effected most people and everybody, and it didn't last months.

JJ had a problem caused by his antvirus. That would be one of those "your machine" type of problems. His wouldn't allow access because the page wouldn't load securely (https instead of http). Sometimes a browser will do that. In neither case should it say it can't find the page, though, only prevent you from loading it.

Sometimes a DNS server will screw up and pages will load in one region and not another. That's always fixed in 48 hours or less. Unless the DNS server with the problem isn't getting updated like it should.

That leaves your ISP. Sometimes they block sites for whatever reason they choose. Sometimes it's deliberate, like calling one a "hate" site. (This one may become a "hate" site some day in the future because it points out the stupidity of the left and celebrates good things happening.) But that would also usually affect multiple people because ISPs and their lefty employees tend to collude on those things. It's also possible for an ISP to block a site without realizing they did. Or maybe doing it for something that isn't true. Either of those could last hours, days or months. Using a VPN, like I mentioned with Opera, can establish if that's the cause or not.

As I say, if it happens again drop me a line. I might not be able to help you figure it out. But maybe I can.
    munchkin72gloria
    munchkin72gloria

Post  munchkin72gloria Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:44 pm

You are right. It's probably one of those things. I didn't change provider or antivirus so I don't know why it happened out of the blue and why it came back out of the blue through email notification but all is well I guess!Very Happy
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:30 am

That is really strange. I peek in every single day and it has been working just fine.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 am