New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

4 posters

Time

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Time Empty Time

Post  Ladyelaine Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Daylight saving time ends next Sunday, November 4 and starts back again on Sunday, March 10, 2019.
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Time Empty Re: Time

Post  sinister_midget Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:40 pm

They need to pick one, lock onto it for good and stop the stupidity. I don't care which one, just choose one and stay with it.

It wasn't even needed when they made the excuse for it in the first place. But now it's even more useless. Plus it costs businesses hard cash (as printed many times by Time, HuffPo, NYT, Bloomberg, Business Insider, etc) when we jump around. Not to mention there are also health costs: usually temporary for younger people, longer-lasting for older people, and more of a problem for some people with already poor health.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:01 am

I HATE changing clocks...It is so hard to figure out in my car that I went 4 months with the old time. lol And I have lots of clocks in the house. It's a waste of time. ;-)
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Maybe next week when we go back to standard time drivers will stop mowing down children at bus stops in the early morning darkness. There are other factors involved of course but early morning darkness and fog only adds to them.

I (and everyone I know) just wish the whole country would go on one time or the other (my preference is standard time) and stay there with no exceptions. If a business requires more sunlit business hours they could simply change the hours of their operations & advertise their seasonal hours instead of upsetting the majority of the rest of the country. Politicians in Florida want daylight savings time year round but have never listened to the opinion of average citizens in the matter.
    Soundy
    Soundy

Post  Soundy Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:05 pm

For us the change is good for morning feeding. Easier to feed with sunlight rather than flashlight. Bo has to be at work 
    at 6:45 so leaves around 6:20. Me, it is no big deal since I don't work. I do my final get up when suns up no matter what the 
    clock says. I usually wake up between 2:30 and 3 which will now be 1:30- 2  scratch Confuses my system for a week or two
    then resets to new time. I get good and used to it just in time to change clocks again Evil or Very Mad . Bo is looking forward to retiring so
    the only time he has to worry about is what time his favorite show comes on and we can throw all the clocks away.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 am