New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

3 posters

Page View

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Page View  Empty Page View

Post  Ladyelaine Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:53 pm

The bottom 1/3 of pages I've been viewing on my monitor have disappeared from my screen and that page bottom is no longer showing on my screen. The page is correctly centered & the top shows up just fine. and is correctly placed. I am able to scroll down and view the bottom part but I can't view the whole page at the same time, just as a partial page. For instance when accessing this site the page cuts off just below the word General (forum list) on the left side and I have to scroll down t further to see more of the topics list. There is plenty of room on the bottom for the page to fill the screen but it does not do so.

I've searched for answers and found others who seem to have similar problems but not this particular one. How can I get that lower 1/3 to be included in what I'm viewing on my screen.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Page View  Empty Re: Page View

Post  Ladyelaine Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Still searching for an answer. This and troubles with my Windstream e-mail - sent, draft, & trash folders disappeared; also cannot print any full pages - either top or bottom does not print although entire page shows in print preview- all started with the latest W 10 auto update. 
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:49 pm

I have absolutely no idea. The only times I've seen anything remotely like that it was a browser problem. If it's only happening in the browser, try another one and see if it's doing the same. If it's in everything, I can't think of any reason why.

If it turns out to be the browser, try uninstalling and reinstalling. (Be sure to go into your bookmarks and export them before uninstalling. You can import them back once you reinstall.) Or you can use the new browser. In most cases you can import the bookmarks you have into that one, too.
    JJRobinson
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:07 am

I have done some checking and found No solutions...sorry
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:14 pm

I tried different browser, same problem everywhere.  Thanks to you both.
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 pm

That can only mean something is haywire with Windows. Unfortunately I forgot almost everything I knew about it after I retired from the PD here.

My son ran into something really weird with his desktop a couple of weeks ago. I was busy with something else. Before I could even get to look at it he figured out that it was a setting and he fixed it. I can ask what he did when he gets home from work later. Might not be related. But maybe it is. It was a different problem, but it can't hurt to check it in case it's the same problem with different symptoms. He won't be back for about 5 or so hours, though.
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:07 pm

It turns out his problem was totally different. His was a refresh rate on his video card. It didn't distort anything visual, it made things run jerky and partially unresponsive. Meaning it was a setting he did (though he acted at the time like he had no idea how it came about) in the wrong place.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:25 am

Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 pm