New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

*YAWN*

sinister_midget
    Admin

*YAWN*

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:11 pm

The title is the media reaction, not mine.

Violent Migrant Border Incident Exact Replay of When Obama Used Tear Gas at Border

Yeah? But Barry used good teargas, not that evil stuff Trump personally fired at all of those innocent womens and childrens.

Five years almost to the day before President Donald Trump’s border officers blocked migrants with tear gas, authorities under President Barack Obama used identical tactics along the same stretch of border near the San Ysidro Port of Entry, according to 2013 press accounts.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported November 25, 2o13:

The incident occurred about a quarter-mile west of the San Ysidro border crossing in the Tijuana River channel. No one was seriously injured, no shots were fired and no arrests were made, said Mary Beth Caston, a Border Patrol spokeswoman.

The group first approached a lone agent stationed about 1/8 of a mile north of the border. They ignored his commands to stop, so he fired pepper balls to try to stop them and protect himself, Caston said.

As the crowd kept advancing and throwing rocks and bottles, she said, more agents came to the scene and used other “intermediate use-of-force devices” to push back the group. The agents also contacted Mexican law enforcement.

In 2018, on November 25, border officers used tear gas to drive migrants back from a border fence they were seeking to push through.

The incident took place at almost the same location, but five years apart. The major difference is that Trump’s deputies installed a temporary barrier to fill a gap between permanent fences.

KPBS News reported the 2013 clash, saying:

Deported migrants attempted a once-common tactic of rushing the border en masse on Sunday. But Border Patrol agents met them with tear gas and rubber bullets and forced them to turn back.

Deportees in Tijuana said plans to rush the border had been in the works for a week.

It all started with a guy handing out pocket-sized fliers at the Padre Chava breakfast hall for migrants and deportees in Tijuana. The fliers called for a mass border crossing on Nov. 24.

“So that we can reunite with our children, families,” the flier read in small, Spanish text.

According to the Union-Tribune, pro-migration groups defended the 2013 migrants, saying they were “desperate:”

Immigrant-rights groups in San Diego said they didn’t know beforehand about the plan to rush the border, and they worry that desperation is driving homeless deportees to make a bold bid to rejoin their families in the United States.

Christian Ramirez, human rights director for the Southern Border Communities Coalition, said he does not believe the move could have been a strategic protest. He views it as an act of desperation on the part of deportees who have been pushed to live around the river in makeshift camps or those who are set up in other migrant camps in the city.

In 2018, progressives and pro-migration activists supported the aggressive migrants.

Read it all here.

Build a wall to block illegals from forcing their way across and no teargas will be needed.

Get the fake "refugees" to take the jobs they've been offered in Mexico and there won't be any need for them to invade the US, eliminating the need for teargas to keep them back. Which, by the way, destroys any chance they could ever have for asylum. On multiple counts. Genuine asylum seekers escaping violence are required to make their request at the first possible place that it can be granted (there are at least 6 places they passed in Mexico). And refusing to take the offer of work where it has been offered blows their claim to economic desperation. Not to mention that so many "walked" hundreds of miles and are still fat, many are carrying iPhones and other expensive gear, a whole lot of the food they've been given has simply been left laying on the streets and in doorways untouched, their clothes are clean and in many cases new and expensive, etc.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: *YAWN*

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:38 am

Tear gas used once a month at border under Obama

So what? It was also policy to separate parents and kids under Obama. And those pictures of "cages" Trump's getting blamed for were all taken when King Barry was in charge of it.

What does that have to do with "orange man bad"?

The same tear-gas agent that the Trump administration is taking heat for deploying against a border mob this weekend is actually used fairly frequently — including more than once a month during the later years of President Barack Obama’s administration, according to Homeland Security data.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection has used 2-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile, or CS, since 2010, and deployed it 26 times in fiscal 2012 and 27 times in 2013. The use dropped after that, but was still deployed three times in 2016, Mr. Obama’s final full year in office.

Use of CS rose again in fiscal 2017, which was split between Mr. Obama and Mr. Trump, and reached 29 deployments in fiscal 2018, which ended two months ago, according to CBP data seen by The Washington Times.
    Border authorities also use another agent, pepper spray, frequently — including a decade-high record of 151 instances in 2013, also under Mr. Obama. Pepper spray, officially known as Pava Capsaicin, was used 43 times in fiscal year 2018, according to the CBP numbers.

The data poses a challenge to the current anger over the Border Patrol’s use of tear gas Sunday to prevent a mob from busting through sections of old border fence in California.

Critics, including Latin American leaders, immigrant-rights advocates and congressional Democrats, have said use of tear gas is “un-American.”

I was gassed frequently for training when I was in the Air Force. Last time I looked, my heart was still beating. I think.

When I was stationed in Texas, we went out almost every month to the field with the Army. We never got gassed directly. But the Army people did. And we were close enough sometimes that we got it, too. I just checked. I'm still breathing.

When I was in Georgia the people who trained us used CS, both in a training chamber and lobbed at our tents while we were being trained in security. They also used to play tricks on each other, putting it on phone receivers and other equipment so people would be "gassed" when they used something. As hard as I try, I can't remember a single person dying or being hospitalized for any of that.

We weren't even invaders. I think people crashing over your borders, violating your sovereignty and demanding you take care of them shouldn't be surprised if you fight back.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Of course. Because after she was "sacred" the media stopped taking pictures and she ran back to grab the can to show off.

I've seen a breakdown of the picture on the left. Some of the people in the background are media, some are invasion enablers.

The teargas was real. THAT teargas maybe not. Most definitely this was posed and used to spread outrage among the people who are programmed to be.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:49 pm