New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

2 posters

The stupidity grows

sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

The stupidity grows Empty The stupidity grows

Post  sinister_midget Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:43 pm

New Plan To Stop Global Warming Includes Blocking The Sun

The global warming crazies have done it this time.

The newest plan to stop global warming involves blocking out the sun, CNN reported.

It is a curious decision as Democrats have insisted that man is causing the climate to get warmer whereas conservatives have argued that it is the natural cycle of the sun.

Either way this idea seems doomed to failure and could bring on a new ice age.

Scientists are proposing an ingenious but as-yet-unproven way to tackle climate change: spraying sun-dimming chemicals into the Earth’s atmosphere.

The research by scientists at Harvard and Yale universities, published in the journal Environmental Research Letters, proposes using a technique known as stratospheric aerosol injection, which they say could cut the rate of global warming in half.

The technique would involve spraying large amounts of sulfate particles into the Earth’s lower stratosphere at altitudes as high as 12 miles. The scientists propose delivering the sulfates with specially designed high-altitude aircraft, balloons or large naval-style guns.

Despite the technology being undeveloped and with no existing aircraft suitable for adaptation, the researchers say that “developing a new, purpose-built tanker with substantial payload capabilities would neither be technologically difficult nor prohibitively expensive.”

They estimate the total cost of launching a hypothetical system in 15 years’ time at around $3.5 billion, with running costs of $2.25 billion a year over a 15-year period.

The report does, however, acknowledge that the technique is purely hypothetical.

The good news is we're headed in the direction of a long cool period due to lack of sunspot activity. The bad news is the cold-blooded reptiles who think humans are causing things to get hotter even as they get cooler don't seem to be able to tell the difference.
    Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

The stupidity grows Empty Re: The stupidity grows

Post  Ladyelaine Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:53 am

I remember the disastrous attempts at dissipating hurricanes with silver iodide seeding. One split and then they had two hurricanes to deal with. The result was not "an act of God". It was a man made result of meddling with nature.
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:46 pm

The problem with many of the fools is they do something based on what they think they know without studying things long enough to really understand them. That used to happen anyway, but it wasn't as widespread as it is now.

I blame most of that on easy money tossed out by governments. They give it to people who pretend they know what they're talking about. And those people are helped along in their dimwit ways by others playing the same ruse to get easy cash. The bad part is, they do it so long and tell each other so much nonsense that they all start believing themselves.

I have a real example of people believing fictions they make up themselves.

When I was stationed in New Mexico I worked with people who were fairly isolated from the rest of the Air Force in terms of learning what the world is like, how things work, etc. There assignments were pretty limited: New Mexico, Hawaii, Turkey. A handful could maybe go to Massachusetts, but that was pretty rare.

I went there from Korea. As a joke one of the guys I worked with (he was in the same boat as the others as far as experience was concerned) said he wanted to experiment with showing how dumb people are. I went along with it.

The way it worked was, I was a martial arts expert. Not a teacher or anything. Just very good at it. It was baloney, but he thought it would work with the people he and I lived and worked around (we both lived in the barracks). It was an easy sell to people who never really left the United States, and if any did, Asia was not a place they'd ever go. I was a heavy drinker then and didn't care, so I went with it.

He started telling people things he witnessed me doing. Not one syllable was true, but people bought it. So much so that a couple of guys who probably could have broken me in half bare-handed were unsure around me. I never threatened them or talked tough. They just assumed I could kill them without spilling my drink.

I'd get drunk and do stupid things. Like beat my forehead on a sidewalk or wall, then walk away. It was idiotic on my part, but I was drunk, sometimes blacked-out. Even so, it added substance to the stupid tales this guy spread.

After awhile I started hearing people telling each other they'd seen me do things that never happened. Not when I was in the room, mind you. But I'd be just entering, or around the corner. I never said anything because it was part of the other guy's experiment. I just pretended I didn't hear them.

Not too long after, some of them even started saying some of those things in my presence. That indicated to me either they were onto the ruse and playing along, or they genuinely believed what they were saying. I was pretty sure it was the latter, but not 100% positive at that point.

Not too much longer after that the lieutenant I worked for pulled me aside and told me I needed to calm down in my behavior. He had weekly meetings with this colonel in another unit that was tasked with some administrative control over us, though we were actually part of another unit and tied to an outfit headquartered in Massachusetts. He said my name was coming up in those meetings about the stuff I was doing. I didn't mention who, but I told him it was all invented by another person and I just went along with it for fun. I told him not a word of it was true.

The problem is, week after week my name was briefed at these meetings. Every time it was about things that never happened. I kept telling the lieutenant that it was all Barbra Streisand. The last time he mentioned it to me he said, "The problem is, people believe it. They'd swear to it in court." I don't know if he meant he believed me or not. But what it did tell me is the people making things up believed they were true and they'd probably pass a lie detector if it came to it. It also looked to be a warning about the direction things were going.

I still wasn't totally convinced people were buying their own fabrications, but I started to look for a way to back out of it before it got out of hand.

A few weeks later, it was solved for me. And it showed exactly how easy it is for people to talk themselves into believing imaginary things.

I was at the Airman's Club with the guy who started the whole mess. There were 3 of us together, and one other table that had a couple of people. We were all drunk. The guy who invented it looked at the other table, and one guy was looking his way. The storyteller said, "What's happenin', Bubba?" That's it. 100% of all conversation between us and them. Only that single look that way, too. But something set that guy off.

We left and went over to the barracks. The guy followed us. He attacked me. I didn't even fight back. I just stood there. After he punched on me a few times he took off running.

The guy who attacked me ended up in trouble, but that's another story which had little to do with his attack on me.

But the guy who started this experiment? He was sorely disappointed. I mean REALLY bummed! He had talked himself into believing all of the stupid junk he'd made up. Not only did I not fight back, I didn't even give the guy a taekwondo kick or toss him across the room. I just stood there. The storyteller couldn't believe his own eyes!

If he believed it, if he created the whole thing and talked himself into being sure it was all real, I knew right then that almost all, maybe 100%, of the others making things up were in the same boat!

After that, all of the stuff I supposedly had been doing slowly died down and went away.*

"Scientists" are like that. They make stuff up to get government money. Then others make more stuff up so they can get some, too. After awhile they start making new stuff up to support the other people making stuff up so they can all keep bilking the system. Once that's been happening for some time, they start believing their own lies because they've told them so many times. 

When real evidence reminds them those are lies, they manipulate data and do things to keep the evidence from reminding them. Such as taking all of the remote temperature sensors away and leaving all of the ones located near cities and paved areas (which makes recorded temperature readings hotter) so their "data" backs up their stupidity. That way "scientists" are never wrong. And mentally-deficient politicians keep pumping out millions in cash to the "experts" that often can barely speak the vernacular, yet have no real idea what most of those words they use even mean.

* For the record, about 3-½ years after that I completely stopped drinking for good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm