New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

When imaginary becomes reality

sinister_midget
    Admin

When imaginary becomes reality

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the youngest woman ever elected to Congress—she still can't afford an apartment in D.C.

One year ago, you could find Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez working behind the bar at Flats Fix, a small taqueria near Union Square. Come January, you will find her in Washington D.C., representing New York's 14th District as the youngest woman ever elected to Congress.

But just because she is making history, doesn't mean she is making money. Ocasio-Cortez recently revealed that she is currently unable to rent a D.C. apartment.

Her transition period will be "very unusual, because I can't really take a salary," she said in an interview with The New York Times. "I have three months without a salary before I'm a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real."

She has the intellect to make decisions that affect the nation. But she couldn't plan on figuring out a way to find someplace to live where her job was going to be. Not even with months between the time she announced, then beat an incumbent, and had several months running unopposed. Meaning it was a sure thing she would be the winner.

But no time to plan.

I suggest she back to her bartender job where she cheated coworkers out of their share of tips. It worked for her before.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: When imaginary becomes reality

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:10 am

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:48 pm