New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Obama in whiteface

sinister_midget
    Admin

Obama in whiteface

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Back to Trumping the press

Now that the election is over, Bugs Bunny is back to owning Elmer Fudd. (A reader suggested this comparison as the Road Runner thing has gotten cliche.)

President Trump held a press conference today to gloat about stopping the blue wave. His party not only won all three open seats for the Senate but Team Trump defeated four opposition party incumbent senators in the midterm.

The last time that happened, FDR was giving fireside chats.

Jimmy Olsen Acosta of CNN decided to make the press conference about himself as he bogarted that mic, my friend. He is the Obama of journalism.

He Acosta-ed a female White House intern. Real men do not behave like that. Real men treat female White House interns with respect.

The Secret Service pulled Acosta's press pass, which is fine with Acosta who has been trolling for martyrdom for two years now.

Hold on. I have to put the popcorn in the microwave.

Where was I, oh yes, Sarah Sanders said, "President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern.

"This conduct is absolutely unacceptable. It is also completely disrespectful to the reporter’s colleagues not to allow them an opportunity to ask a question. President Trump has given the press more access than any president in history.

"Contrary to CNN’s assertions, there is no greater demonstration of the president’s support for a free press than the event he held today. Only they would attack the president for not supporting a free press in the midst of him taking 68 questions from 35 different reporters over the course of 1.5 hours including several from the reporter in question.

"The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it‘s an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this administration. As a result of today’s incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice."

Another 90-minute press conference? No president in the last 50 years has given the press as much access.

Reporters rallied behind Acosta. The White House Correspondents Association -- which never apologized for the way its emcee attacked Sarah Sanders at their dinner this year -- likely will file a complaint.

Shep Smith will go all Howard Beale on this. Endless CNN panels will switch from bashing President Trump for being a Hitler about the border to being a Hitler about the press.

NBC ended its report on this Breaking News like this:

The president then moved to address the next questioner, NBC News White House correspondent Peter Alexander, who defended Acosta.

"In Jim's defense, I've traveled with him and watched him, he's a diligent reporter who busts his butt like the rest of us," Alexander said.

"Well I'm not a big fan of yours either," Trump said.

I am literally shaking.

With laughter.

Wait. Microwave dinged.

OK, I am back. The best part of all this is the self-righteous pronouncements from Hollywood.

Nobody is more rude to the press than some of these people.

The pontificating and the wattle flapping belie the real truth: Obama used the government to harass reporters. Trump just tosses verbal punches.

@Jamie_Weinstei

2m 2 minutes ago

Whatever else he is, Trump is a media genius. In the last 24 hrs:

1) GOP lost the House
    2) Trump fired Sessions & installed a temporary AG who will also oversee the Mueller probe.

And yet, we are all talking about, myself included, Jim Acosta.

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:33 pm