New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Brazil's next president may out-Trump The Donald

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:08 pm

Jair Bolsonaro, president-elect of Brazil, plans to close Brazil's embassy in "Palestine," to leave the United Nations, and to relax his nation's draconian gun laws.

Bolsonaro is sounding more Trump than President Trump!

In August, Bolsonaro said he would shutter the embassy. In an interview, he said, "Is Palestine a country? Palestine is not a country, so there should be no embassy here. You do not negotiate with terrorists."

He's right. Palestine was never a nation.

After Bolsonaro's election, Bibi Netanyahu sent him a message, "I am confident that your election will lead to a great friendship between the two peoples and to the strengthening of ties between Brazil and Israel. We await your visit to Israel."

Then there is the United Nations. In July, Bolsonaro said, "If I am president, I will leave the UN. That institution is of no use." He also said, "It's no good, it's a meeting place for communists and people who have no commitment to South America."

I dream of the day we end our involvement in that den of corruption and terrorism.

Then there is the right to bear arms. He recognizes it.

The Guardian reported, "Brazil’s far-right, pro-gun president-elect has signalled he will seek to relax his country’s firearms laws in a bid to combat a homicide epidemic that last year claimed nearly 64,000 lives.

"In his first television interview since being elected on Sunday, former army captain Jair Bolsonaro said it was time to abandon what he called the politically correct fallacy that Brazil would be a safer place if everybody was unarmed."

Brazil has the world's 12th highest homicide rate at 30 homicides per 100,000 people. That is nearly six times the rate in the USA.

Guns don't kill people. People do. And their favorite targets are those who cannot fire back.

55% of his nation -- the fifth largest nation in the world -- voted for him. Americans are not the only people who are tired of liberalism.

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:48 pm