New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Netflix really is on a suicide mission!

sinister_midget
    Admin

Netflix really is on a suicide mission!

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:47 am

Looks to me like they've decided they haven't lost enough viewers and the stock price is still way too high.

The Obamas might make a TV show about disorder in the Trump administration for Netflix

Is former President Barack Obama about to unleash one long subtweet against his successor in the form of a Netflix show?

Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama have acquired the rights to adapt Michael Lewis' book The Fifth Risk as part of their overall deal with Netflix, Deadline reported Wednesday. Lewis' book describes the disorder within the Department of Agriculture, Department of Energy, and Department of Commerce that took place during the transition between the Obama administration to the Trump administration. Many of the new president's appointees were completely unprepared for their jobs and some roles weren't filled at all, the book describes. Deadline reports that the possible series adaptation would be intended to "help people better understand the inner workings of the government."

I don't know if the goal is to have fewer viewers than CNN, but this is the sort of thing that already has them headed in that direction. That, and the stock prices had a couple of significant drops because they aren't growing much in some markets and losing subscribers in others.

But, hey, what do I know? I'm no expert. All I know about it is I stopped giving them my money awhile back (2-3 years ago) when it became clear they were headed in the SJW/NPC direction.

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:50 pm