New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

2 posters

Facebook

Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Facebook Empty Facebook

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:32 am

NOt sure anyone here can help but just thought I would throw this out....when ever I click on a photo...mine or not, it starts flashing and jumping around the page...weird. Has this happened to anyone else? I can read and post on my own board and can read elsewhere but not click photos.
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  sinister_midget Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:18 pm

Haven't been on Facebook for a loooooooooong time. So it doesn't happen to me.

That sounds like a browser problem to me. Not that there's anything wrong with the browser. Only that things are coded in a way the browser doesn't handle as they intended (bad coding when they do that, but it happens often). A way to find out is to try another browser and see if it still happens.

I did a quick search. I can find one old link (4 or more years) of somebody complaining about the same thing. But no solution is given. Another link pretends to point to a similar or the same issue. This was the only thing I could find like that:

puppykicker Says: 
    August 17th, 2018 at 7:13 am
    Yes, Joseph!

It is absolutely the most aggravating thing in the world!

The damn feed jumps around constantly, whether I am reading a post, watching a video, writing or reading a comment, or scrolling!

It happens reguardless if I am using a FaceBook app or a browser to use the service.

It seems to get worse as my time on the site increases.

I have to completely log out and back in periodically, or else it becomes completely unmanageable and unbearable.

Nobody offered any advice about it, though.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:00 pm

Thanks...I will try  Safari and see what happens.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:05 pm

I went on with Safari and when I click on  a photo a circle keeps spinning. So... I go back to Chrome after that and clicked on a few photos and it stopped flashing. How strange is that? Thanks...maybe that did the trick.
    Sunshine16
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Another issue with chrome was resolved, too.
    sinister_midget
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:05 pm

I didn't think about it, but sometimes clearing the cache of a browser can fix odd glitches, too. Something to keep in mind the next time the inevitable quirk rears its ugly head.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm