New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

How about that!

sinister_midget
    Admin

How about that!

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:55 am

She IS a minuscule amount of redskin!

Warren releases DNA analysis on Native American heritage, firing back at Trump attacks

Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren took the rare step Monday of releasing DNA test results examining her possible Native American ancestry, in apparent response to persistent criticism from President Trump and other Republicans.

The results, as shared with The Boston Globe, reportedly reveal “strong evidence” the Massachusetts senator had a Native American ancestor dating back six to 10 generations. At the same time, the report could embolden critics by showing only trace amounts of that heritage -- which Republicans have charged she used to advance her career at Harvard.

According to the analysis, if Warren’s great-great-great-grandmother were Native American, she would be considered 1/32 Native American. Should Warren’s ancestor date back 10 generations, she would be only 1/1,024 Native American. (The newspaper originally pegged the latter figure as 1/512, but in a correction that didn't do Warren any favors, later added a note saying, "Due to a math error, a story about Elizabeth Warren misstated the ancestry percentage of a potential 10th generation relative. It should be 1/1,024.")

"To put that in perspective, Warren might even be less Native American than the average European American," Republican National Committee Deputy Communications Director Mike Reed said in an email, while saying this would "not give you the right to claim minority status."

Got that? You and I might be less paleface than she is.

But did any of you play up your minute heritage to get preferences, promotions, overpaid for a job? I know I didn't.

But now that I know, I want reparations! Harvard owes me millions in back pay for the job they never gave me! I have a native American right to have a Senator gig! And I hereby claim to be a native Alaskan indian. Therefore Alaska owes me for decades of oil money!

Meanwhile, thanks for the DNA test, Chief Lying Cow. I appreciate your work to settle this, as I'm sure many voters out here do. But most of us already knew what you're full of. And you're not full of injun!

sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: How about that!

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Ancestry.com has repeatedly told people there is no DNA test that proves Native American genetic ancestry simply because there is no database to use for evaluation. Many tribes discourage submitting samples and the genetic possibility is drawn from known samples from North, Central, and South American data since it is thought that populations from those areas migrated mostly from or through Siberian areas. It could be she is instead related to some ancestor from a tribe in South America whose ancestors might have arrived there from Siberia or crossed the Pacific from some remote island. All the test shows is that there is a strong possibility that her ancestor came from "somewhere".
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:43 pm

My grandfather came from the reservation in Carolina, I don't claim to be Indian but I have enough to claim if I wanted to.
    He wasn't allowed to own land whence he came to Ohio. so he had my grandmother to buy land and then he changed his name.
    Grand ma put it in his name for a dollar.
    I know a lot more history but that is enough.

Psycho
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:09 pm

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content