New Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Salad

Ladyelaine
    Ladyelaine

Salad Empty Salad

Post  Ladyelaine Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:40 pm

One of my favorite staples is canned 3 Bean Salad. I keep a spare can chilling in my refrigerator year round and always have some prepared form in a wide mouth quart jar. I combine one can of the salad with another can of an alternating vegetable - black beans, red beans, white beans, kidney beans, chick peas, black or red eye peas, beets, carrots, whole kernel corn, mixed vegetables, turnip or collard greens, virtually any other canned vegetable except sliced squash or cut okra. My favorite addition is a can of crunchy water chestnuts.

I always drain the alternate vegetable & if using beans I also flush them with fresh water & drain them first. I put the alternate vegetable in a mixing bowl & marinate it with Italian dressing, then thoroughly mix in the non-drained can of 3 bean salad and store the mix in a glass jar in the frig for at least overnight for the flavors to blend. By using a wide mouth jar I am able to use a long handled iced tea spoon to mix the blended contents & then dish out what ever amount of content I want to use as a side dish salad or to add to chicken or tuna fish for a full meal salad.

If you try this I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am