New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Staying active

Psycho144

Staying active

Post  Psycho144 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:24 am

As we get older, we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world.   It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other seniors who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.

Harold Schlumberg is such a Person....

QUOTE FROM HAROLD   :
    "I've often been asked,... 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired?'  Well, I stay active and happy.  I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy  most is converting beer and scotch into urine.

Then I take a slow jog out to the shed and pee on a pictures of Schumer and McConnell.  I do this several times every day.   I really enjoy it and get my exercise too!"

Harold is an inspiration to all of us old folks.
    Ladyelaine

Re: Staying active

Post  Ladyelaine on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:05 am

cheers   cheers   cheers
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:35 am

Everybody needs to stay fit!

I do similar, but with coffee because I gave up drinking 31 years ago (in spite of the jokes I post that pretend I do otherwise). My fitness program is turning caffeine into urine. It's not quite as effective as beer. But it can still go a long way toward keeping you in good health. Dedication and persistence can help you accomplish nearly the same overall thing.

I also don't have a shed to run to. So in addition to committing to that regimen, I put one of these on the upstairs toilet to increase my motivation (my son lives up there, so sometimes that complicates things a little).

I run up several times a day. It's my wife's favorite place to go number two. And even a couple of the neighbors like to drop by and take a shot every once in awhile as part of their own exercise programs.

Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Ummm TMI.....lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:10 pm