New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

And now, time for your latest installment of fake news

sinister_midget
    Admin

And now, time for your latest installment of fake news

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Even the Weather channel gets in on the fun.

MSTRDaB8R on Twitter

sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: And now, time for your latest installment of fake news

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Of course, the channel couldn't help but make excuses on his behalf.

Weather Channel Defends Reporter Mocked for ‘So Dramatic’ Hurricane Florence Coverage

The Weather Channel is defending one of their own after a video of Hurricane Florence coverage went viral.

The video, uploaded to Twitter, shows Weather Channel meteorologist and reporter Mike Seidel bracing in the wind during a live shot in Wilmington, NC.

As he is struggling to keep his footage, two people walk behind him showing no signs of struggle.

Twitter was not impressed.

“So dramatic! Dude from the weather channel bracing for his life, as 2 dudes just stroll past,” the user that uploaded the video — which has been viewed over 4.7 million times — wrote.

Yet the Weather Network has come to Seidel’s defense.

“It’s important to note that the two individuals in the background are walking on concrete, and Mike Seidel is trying to maintain his footing on wet grass, after reporting on-air until 1:00 a.m. ET this morning and is undoubtedly exhausted,” the network said in a statement responding to the now viral clip, according to The Hill. 

Hurricane Florence, which has since been downgraded to a tropical storm, hammered Wilmington, NC on Friday.

He had to be on grass instead of concrete (and tired despite this not being at or after 1:00 a.m. ET) for dramatic effect.

In the video I got the impression he realized he'd been caught. Which might explain why he felt the need to hold something up and let it go so the wind could push it away: "See? I have to struggle because the wind is so strong. It even blew this black piece of paper away it's so ferocious!"

Meanwhile, I see the Twitter censors have removed the post (and possibly banned the originator) due to the TV people not liking to be exposed. But that's OK. Now you can see part of the video and read about it here. The second time they walked behind him isn't included. Neither is the part where he held up the piece of paper to let the wind blow it away. But it clearly shows them walking around without struggle. Wearing what looks like tennis shoes, too.

Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 am

I always new they were faking to an extent...I wonder if he will keep his job? lol
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:33 pm

A blast from the past.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Here's CNN's version for the current weather. That's Anderson Cooper on his knees.

Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:27 am

Anderson Cooper hip deep but camera man only ankle deep - I can even see the yellow line roadway marker in the water.  Laughing

I've always trusted Mike Seidel's reporting, thought he was just struggling to keep his earpiece dry during that wind gust blowing directly into his head cover and being careful about slipping in treacherous wet grass.

I preferred the TV local weather reporting of Weather Nation to that of the Weather Channel but it has been changed out on channels available to me through Direct TV. Now it is Accu Weather which does not give me up to the minute local warnings like Weather Nation did and Weather Channel does not.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:55 pm

After I posted the AC picture, I found out he was actually standing up. However, he chose a ditch to stand up in. Another 2 feet or so forward and he would have only been to his ankles.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Looks like Andy didn't get out of the ditch and got another photo to remember him by.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:34 am

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:42 am

Maybe they did this to get some attention and possibly some audience. With their viewership down 45% from last year (which was already so low in 2017 that it was losing to Nick At Night reruns), this might be the only way they can get noticed.

Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:05 pm

The "fable" network !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:12 pm