New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Fall

Ladyelaine

Fall

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Even though temperatures are in the nineties and lovebugs are flying, black wooly worms are crawling in my yard, autumn equinox less than 2 weeks away. I'm looking forward to night time lows in the fifties instead of the seventies.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: Fall

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:42 pm

After a drought of about 3 months in length (mid April to around mid July), things have been pretty pleasant around here. Normally highs in August hit 100-105. But not this year. Most days were 90-95 and lower. Nights have often been in the 60s, sometimes hitting the high 50s, and a couple of nights in the low 50s.

During the drought, most days were in the mid-to-high 90s, with nights in the 70s and 80s. Normal, but very dry and enough to keep things muggy all day and night. Lots and lots of humidity even without rainfall.

Once we move to New Mexico, it's going to be hot days (most less than 95) and cool nights (most in 60s). Similar to here during the day, but without the nasty humidity.

Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:03 am

I'm praying for a drought...yep...our ground is so wet trees fall  for no reason. We in VA were spared the worst of Flo but she's swinging back on Mon and Tues.  So much rain my tree in the front yard drowned along with a few bushes.  My sister did not evacuate for  Flo but mom was evacuated from the nursing home that is now flooded. I have no idea where she is.  My sister has no power so her call was 30 seconds long to let me know she is okay. Only leaks...no tree on the house but they are dumped all over the neighborhood. This map shows you about where sister lives.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 am

Sunshine - keeping you and your family members along with many others in my prayers. I sure do understand the conditions hurricane weather and flooding brings to people's lives, been through it many times, most vivid memory was fish swimming over the steps & bottom floor of house we lived in, had crayfish & ants everywhere when water subsided. One of my grandsons and his family live in South Carolina in flood area, worse yet to come with flood warning there. 

Let's keep the power line crews in our prayers. They do their jobs under mighty dangerous conditions. Rescue workers and other emergency personnel also encounter hazardous conditions. All of them deserve our thanks.
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks lady...I have a nephew from MO who is on a lineman crew out there now.  Prayers for all the first responders.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:13 pm